Since becoming a mum I have found it hard sometimes to wear my vintage pieces for a variety of reasons other vintage loving mums will understand. On occasions some vintage piece aren't appropriate to wear with the kids, especially when breast feeding. Unless I have a button down or zip down front top or dress, I really don't want to have get out or half undress to feed bub. On other occasions I worry about getting pieces marked or ruined with grubby hands.
So with that being said I have been on a mission to fill a gap in my wardrobe so with pieces that are still true to my vintage love and stylings.
Today was the day for wearing a apron as a top with a singlet underneath for a bit more modesty.
- Apron I bought from the fair to wear as a top.
- Denim shorts, hand me downs from a friend.
- Hoops earrings, had them for ever.
- Plastic bangle, from a mystery box purchase I made years ago.
- Shoes which you can't quite see are espadrilles thrifted early this year for $4 I think.
I must say wearing an apron as a top, especially for a breast feeding mum like myself, is such a great idea. I have pockets in front and the apron can help me feed a little more descretly.
Labels: Life & Style, Personal Style, Vintage