- Hug a Bub wrap, I'm a baby wearer, I use different baby carriers and wraps to keep my babies close, comforted and to allow me to be hands on with my other darlings around home, and when out and about. When we're back selling again on the weekend market scene bubs will be with us being worn, so we start the baby wearing from days old.
- Baby blankets and knitted baby cocoon, the baby blankets were gifted and were handed on to me when I had Cohen. The baby cocoon has been knitted and gifted to me by a dear friend, it's so super soft and lush, an adult sized one would be ridiculously delightful.
- Knitted woolen pants and short sleeve cardigan. Both of these pieces have been knitted and gifted by my dear friend. The woolen pants can/will be lanolised so they can be used over cloth nappies and which will then make them waterproof. The short sleeve cardigan will go over various long sleeve tops and all in one suits I have packed which aren't pictured.
Next up ::
- Quite simply several of these are packed along with various tops and bottoms, I don't think there is an Australian my age who wasn't dressed in a Bonds Terry Wondersuit as a baby. Bonds Wondersuits continue to be a feature in pretty much every babies wardrobe to this day.
Finally and simply ::
- Modern cloth nappies (this is just a few pictured for cuteness) and Gaia baby wipes. We full time cloth nappy our babies and belly bubs first nappy will be cloth, no disposables for us. Our cloth nappy stash has been worn by all our babies and has literally saved us thousands and thousands of dollars. The Gaia Bamboo Biodegradable Baby Wipes were gifted to me as part of a gift pack from the Bloggers Baby Shower. Traditionally we use cloth wipes as well but we will occasionally use pack wipes only if they are natural bamboo and biodegradable, otherwise it's cloth wipes.
- Lastly there are some more basics, a bunch of baby singlets are packed for layering, a couple of bonnets and caps and several pairs of baby socks. I've always found that baby socks used as mittens worked so much better and stay on.
So there you have it, there's an insight to belly bubs bag, this isn't a comprehensive take on everything. But it's more than a fair reflection of how simple I keep things. Not a single thing packed has been bought new and has either been used with our other babies, gifted or is a hand me down from friends. I don't believe in complicating things baby doesn't need anything more than love, cuddles and milk all of which I can do whether I had this all packed or not.