In the blogsphere I'm sure there a thousands of hospital bag posts of mummas in waiting and what they're taking to the hospital for the arrival of their bundle of joy. But this mumma doesn't have one of those posts out there, well not until now that is. I've spared everyone pictures and details of the obvious and have fast forwarded to some of my favourite and fun things I've packed.
What's in Mummas Bag?
Apart from the obvious underwear, bras, maternity pads, toiletries and toothbrush here's some of the fun things I have packed to make me comfortable. Whatever I'm missing or limited on isn't a big deal to me as there is always the Big V to run me in what I need or want.
Clothing wise it's a simple mix of vintage, modern and thrifted to get me through a few days in comfort. There's a few more pieces to add but the above will be the basis of bringing any outfit together for a few days in hospital.
- Handmade vintage mustard cardigan
- Two pairs of wide leg yoga pants
- White Long Sleeve Tee
- 1970's Kenwall Blouse seen here and here
- Vintage scarves and tortoiseshell chain and various other accessories
A look into the toiletries bag, the fun stuff, that will spoil me a little!
- Gaia Belly Butter
- Sukin Facial Moisturiser
- Youngblood Mineral Bronzer and Blush compact
- Youngblood Mineral Liquid Foundation
- Oi Lash Fibre kit and mascara
- Napoleon Perdis makeup brush
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream, which my friends doubles as an awesome lip treatment
What are the extras I'm packing?
- Something to read of course, might as well make it vintage related, a reference and fabulous right?
- Note books/journals and a novelty pen, because from previous experience my mind doesn't give me a break from exploding ideas and brainstorming. So it's best to have them handy to get it all out of my head. The novelty pen, because why not have something fun that wobbles when you write.
- Baby's comfort toy made by a dear friend (being given to bub from Cohen and Sarah), and then there's gifts all wrapped up from baby for his big brother and sister.
- iPhone and iPad, to take some of those firsts pictures and to keep in touch.
Oh and I'll be needing these!
But what about baby?
- My vintage sheet eye mask, thanks to Lisa at Simply Dollicious Kidswear......I should be a bit better set for some better rest and snoozy time with this beauty.
- Breast pads, reusable cloth breast ones, because cloth ones are so much nicer than disposable ones, they feel luxurious and it's a greener choice and I need lots of them......this is just some of them.
what are you taking for baby you're probably asking? Tomorrow as well as my usual style post I'll post what's in baby's bag and the fun and cuteness in store there.
Labels: family, pregnancy, Vintage